Monday, December 04, 2006

Stroke of genius

Photo: Thanks to Doggy Mendoza, she's ready for X-mas!

It's funny how life turns out to be...
This is the story of a sound effect.
It was 8 pm tonight, I was making myself a turkey sandwich, while pondering and thinking HOW THE HELL was I going to capture the sound of a dog dying without actually harming a dog.
This had been bothering me this whole week, UNTIL:
While making my sandwich I took out the turkey out of the fridge and my co-editor chihuahua Doggy Mendoza comes to me excitedly crying really loud for a piece of sliced turkey. AND IT HIT ME.
I quickly went to my editing room, got out my handy, dandy recording device and hit the record button while my dog begged and cried for a piece of turkey. ALAS, I got some great sound effects which I am going to insert as soon as this blog post hits the web....

Sometimes strokes of genius comes at the stupidest moments, it's up to us to recognize an opportunity and convert a banal moment into something useful and creative.
Oh, and by the way, my turkey sandwich tasted twice as good, and my dog got to eat 2 slices.
jajajajajajjaja

OK, a quick recap of what's been going here at Digital Work Studios (which is actually a room next to my bedroom =-D...
On Saturday night newlyweds Omar and Susana, Gibran and Lopez came to watch a rough of Capitulo Unus, and were blown away by the story... HOWEVER, I still do not feel confident to show the movie, because it is lacking some key elements that we will be reshooting this whole week...

Thankfully ALL of the reshoots have been incredibly successful, the acting and the changes in the story take the movie to a different level everytime...
ALSO, today Paco, Roger, Adrian and myself woke up at 8 in the friggin morning, to begin the daunting task of subtitling the film from Spanish to English...
We finished translating everything, but it still needs to be inserted in the movie itself.
Tomorrow we''l start on that, and we'll probably be shooting some stuff as well...

No comments: