Friday, November 24, 2006

Rough Cut: part Duos

Photo: This was THE first scene we shot of Capitulo Unus. My cousin David Cervantes from Monterrey, MX. Unfortunately, this part of the scene did not make it into the film... :-(
But we'll pay it's respek, here at the blog... buyakasha...

_______________________
Relief.
Ok, I have to be honest. The first rough cut was a mess!
I couldn't understand my own movie!
HOWEVER, after spending thanksgiving day secluded inside my dark little editing room, like a little chemist...
Rearranging scenes, enhancing sound, smoothing transitions, making titles for dates and places, I can now proudly say that I have a rough cut that is worth watching... I can now thoroughly understand it and get submerged in the story...

It still needs a lot of work, like inserting ADR (Audio Dialogue Replacement), inserting some re-shot stuff, some animations, smoothing audio, sound effects, and a lot more stuff...
It looks very good for a 2nd draft. By the time we're at the 15th draft it'll look extremely well...

Just to put everything into perspective, our last movie (El Escape De Los Santos), went through over more than 30 drafts!

Ash Wednesday: Capitulo Unus Rough Cut #2 clocks in at 1 hour and 37 min.
I shaved 3 minutes since the last cut.
I think the final cut will be 1hr and 45 min. (with credits)

No comments: