Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Category?


Photo: Another still from the movie... Gregorio Cazares (Fred Cisneros) before taking on business.
____________________
Many people have asked me what kind of movie is ASH WEDNESDAY?
Action, drama, latino, suspense...?
To tell you the truth... I HAVE NO IDEA!
There's a lot of people with guns and knifes, but we don't focus on that... so I honestly do not know...
I've heard people say: "you should do an action film, because, that is what sells" or "the latino films are the ones that the people are watching!"
We really, just want to make a GOOD film, and we don't focus on anything else.
I hate jail movies, yet "the shawshank redemption" is one of my favorites... I hate corny space movies, yet "star wars" is right up there...
I am not comparing ASH with these "greats", it's just that sometimes movies don't have any boundaries.
With that thought thought, thanks to everyone who believes.

No comments: