Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Getting ready for battle


Here's the invitations ready to be sent...
They will only be sent out to industry executives... sorry :-(
so don't feel excluded... you can see the invitation in it's full digital glory at digitalworkstudios.com/premiere
But I can give you an invitation if you see me... jajajajaja

Getting ready for battle!
Sorry about the war metaphors, but that's exactly what we are going to do... We are going into battle.

You must be thinking: The film is done, what is there to do?
AJAAHH! That's where you separate a mediocre artist from a red hot warrior...
We need to go in there and fight for our place...
We will be competing with about 80 films and we need the right people sitting at our screening.
We need distributors, agents, producers etc. to sit there and experience ASH WEDNESDAY with a shocked audience, so they can hear the gasps and the emotion...

I have been frequently asked for some strange reason, if I am nervous???
ummmm no... I don't believe any of us are nervous... The film is done, we had a whole year to make it, and correct it until we were satisfied, and we were.
And now, our mission is to get the right people at the screenings.

I have been swamped with stuff to do, that I barely have time to clean and bathe my puppies...
I made a Parks and Rec show for the City of San Antonio, designed and sent the invitations to print, so now I have to send them out... We also produced a 1 hour TV show (in español) for the local media that include clips from both our movies and other funny anecdotes... I am trying to figure out a way to post it online (because it's ONE hour!), so expect it really soon...

In a way, each of us has an El Guapo to face.
For some, shyness might be their El Guapo.
For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo.
For us, El Guapo is a big, dangerous man who wants to kill us.
But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santa Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo, who also happens to be "the actual" El Guapo!
Three Amigos (1986)

1 comment:

DMO said...

Good luck guys - I know the screenings will be great. Have fun in NYC!