Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Mid-month

Photo: Paco, Ramiro (Ash) and myself... Being silly with the sword... buyakasha... this was during a REALLY HOT day in August during a shoot... COMPARED to today, it's fr-fr-fr-freeeeeezing... I can feel Ash Wednesday changing the weather already... respek!
_____________________
I am juggling between finishing a final cut of the film, getting TWO screenings (one in San Antonio and one in Eagle Pass) AND getting press kits assembled for distributors and our last film festival submission...

On finishing a final cut version, I was fixing EVERY single error in the subtitles, nothing too alarming, just simple apostrophes and stuff... ALSO I was updating the credits, to make them look really cool and interesting...

Most of the time when one submits to a film festival, one depends on luck, more than anything else, because we [filmmakers] tend to rapidly submit a rough cut in order to make the deadline...
HOWEVER, I am happy that we took our time, and that I KNOW, that we did EVERYTHING we could to let the movie succeed. We have NO REGRETS on how this movie was submitted.

I don't know where this movie is headed but I can't wait for the trip.
Climb on or get the hell out of our way...

No comments: