Thursday, January 11, 2007

LAFF + Bob Polunsky Comments

Photo: Second submission to a film fest. Check out the Los Angeles film fest online.
_________________________
I have sent our second submission to a film festival, this time it went out to the Los Angeles Film Festival. That fest isn't until June, so that'll give us a lot of leeway.
Next week we send out to the most important festival in the world. We'll see.

Last week I had sent a screener DVD to movie critic and film professor Bob Polunsky to get his comments and any helpful input.
In a private letter from Mr. Polunsky to myself he says and I quote:
"Thank you for sending me a copy of "Ash Wednesday". I admire your workmanship and the statement the film makes. It's a shocker more than a thriller because it has more punch and moral value than most crime movies, and I appreciate the fact that you show characters on the side of law and order doing their jobs with pride and a good conscience... The movie ranks alongside such Hollywood films as "The Departed" in as much as its "thriller"and "shocker" values develop together."

I was very pleased to hear his comments because it has been a LOT of hard work and effort by all of us who have been in production throughout the last 5 months...

Now the movie is just about finished but this is just half the battle.
Now it is time to focus on getting this movie distributed so the whole world can experience the film.

You can see Bob Polunsky's movie reviews on WOAI-TV (San Antonio) and in Primetime Newspapers (in San Antonio as well).
Thanks again to Mr. Polunsky for his help.

2 comments:

Irez Productions said...

Ricardo, my name is Bryan Ramirez. It is very rewarding to see a great talent come out of San Antonio. I saw your trailer for Ash Wednesday, and can't wait to see it in it's entirety. I would like to colaborate with you some time, or maybe just talk shop over coffee. You can find out more about me at www.irezproductions.com . Great Job and Good luck in the future.

Irez Productions said...
This comment has been removed by the author.